Dog Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening! We are looking for new trick ideas to teach Moke. Based on the skill sets in our YouTube collection, does anyone have any ideas for unusual tricks that haven’t been seen before? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have no ideas off the top of my head, but had to say I absolutely love the relationship you have with Mokie, it brought a smile to my face 😊

If anything, Mokie is inspiration for my pup!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
That is an excellent dog. Border collie (of course :cool: )
One thing you could do is go to YouTube and look up Musical Canine Freestyle, especially the videos of the competitions at Crufts, which is in England and so it is called Heelwork To Music as well as Freestyle. Crufts is one of the international competitions, so if you look at the ones who placed you will see good moves.
I have been doing Freestyle for about 15 years now and it is great fun. Watching these videos will give you terrific ideas of what to train Mokie to do, whether or not you ever want to dance with him.
Isn't it FUN to train a dog to do all sorts of things?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Not a "haven't seen before," but you could give teaching him to read a try? Also not a single trick, but I could see him enjoying treibball.

P.s. I adore that freestyle routine. Was making all my work friends watch it with me lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The reading idea is great! Thank You! It’s now on the list of things to do. 1st is making a sandwich.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts