Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have three senior dogs, a 13 year old and a 10 year old Pug, and a 9 year old yorkie/Poodle mix. I feed them the new Acana Singles kibble and am thinking of adding some dehydrated raw with the kibble. Is there a problem doing this? Or, are the dogs better off if I use canned food as a topper to the kibble?

Thanks.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
I would be more inclined to not mix raw and kibble for any particular feeding. Feeding an all kibble meal in the A.M. and then an all raw diet in the P.M. for example might be a better way to go. Plenty of info regarding this topic with a quick search.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I would break it up into two feedings, morning and night. It may be dehydrated raw, but it's still raw. You can always try to mix them if you want, but be ready just in case your dog's system doesn't handle it well, because some don't.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I mix kibble with the food meals I buy for Samantha, which though not technically raw, is all usda certified for human consumption, and is lightly cooked. I add the kibble which sometimes she eats with her meal, sometimes snacks on between meals, and sometimes ignores. Have never had a problem with her not being able to handle the mix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it comes down to subtly changing from one to a mix. With all of our dogs, we have had to gradually change their diets to keep them from having any infections or issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts