Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently got a rescue puppy who is adorable, affectionate and very loving. Being a rescue it is a bit tricky to pin point the different influences he is blessed with, we have heard brittany spaniel, beagle and perhaps a bit of pointer. It would be very interesting to hear other opinions as well. He has a great sense of smell, he loves to chew and he can't be alone without "crying". He also loves to cuddle. I have attached a few photos that might help!

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I agree, I can definitely see pointer. I almost want to say german shorthaired pointer just for the amount of ticking. Maybe a bit of beagle in the face shape but that might just be me.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I too immediately thought pointer too.

I don't see any Brittany, at least not coloration. While there are some Brittanies that are other than brownish orange with white, they are fairly rare (or not really Brittanies at all)

His hair is a bit longer than I'd expect a shorthaired pointer to be, but that could just be puppyhood. Or maybe some other spaniel/setter blood in him. English Setter? Especially a working line English Setter (for the different appearance of working line, see here dogspedia.net | Pets the one in the blue collar is working line)

here's a English Setter x Pointer puppy...I think it looks similar.

Warren | Adopted Puppy | BB | Londonderry, NH | English Setter/Pointer Mix

·
Registered
131 Posts
I dont see a whole lot of beagle in him. I would guess German Short haired Pointer by the colors. And it just looks like his tail wasn't docked.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Definitely some Pointer with something a bit fuzzier. I'm interested to see how he turns out!

·
Registered
813 Posts
She is lovely.

I see a spaniel - such as an English and the pointy head makes me think there is a small terrier - fox, Jack Russell, rat? How big is she? What weight?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
looks to me, like there could be DKH in the mix. :)
They often come with this kind of fur pattern.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts