Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everything just got a lot more serious, I have put a deposit down for a puppy! Thought I would make a thread I could share the process on.

Met the breeder and the mother as well as the whole litter. Like the mother, she looked great and was super friendly. She let us handle the puppies while she was in the room with us without a problem. She was happy to see us without being over bearing. I liked her a lot. The breeder answered all of my questions and seemed passionate about this litter. I get to meet the father this coming friday, and hopefully finalize which puppy I will be getting.

I'm third on the list to get to choose out of 5 available puppies. I still did get to interact with the other 5 in the litter too for comparison.

Our first choice was a red tri male. He was of medium size out of the litter and we were told he is a bit more laid back, but loves people so far. He actually walked straight up to me, crawled into my lap and laid down. He seemed to be more content hanging out with us than worrying about the rest of the litter and his mom like the rest of the pups were. Sadly he does have someone ahead of me listed on their pick list.

The second was a red merle male. He was pretty mellow throughout our interaction, and was less fussy being held than most of the others. He was also one of the quietest.

Then third was a black tri female. She was pretty big compared to the rest of the litter (second biggest). She was pretty active, exploring a lot and was curious about the smells that we brought it. Though she did seem more fussy then the other two males, and I heard her growling a bit at her siblings. There was something about her that I just liked above the other remaining two, they were not as curious.

Attachments

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was hard! The breeder sat us down on the floor and then brought us out the 5 available puppies in a cute little basket. I didn't even know what to do with myself! I couldn't figure out which puppy to pick up first. I honestly had a brain overload on cuteness!

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
507 Posts
Aww, how sweet!

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Oh so cute! How old are they? I can imagine the not knowing is not easy. But they are saying Friday you should know which puppy is yours?

Any name ideas?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are three weeks right now! Its a pick of the litter situation. We have to wait for the first person to decide, then the second, before I get to pick. She said they might choose by next weekend but wasn't sure. I hope we don't wait too long.

We have been going over names but My boyfriend and I have very very different ideas for names. I like something very unique while he likes geeky references. The one he keeps pushing is Carnage (god no...). Its really hard to come up with something we agree on. What I have that we both agree on is:

Male:
Rhys (rEEs , reese) This one is the favorite
Nova
Jora

Female
Aella (I-la)

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Theyre adorable, I cant wait to find out which one you end up with.

I love the names Jora and Aella.

Reactions: paualteo

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it weird that when I saw the first pictures of the pups and noticed the Red-tri I thought of Sawyer? Lol I thought Sawyer is such a great looking dog, I'd love one that looks like that. I maybe also stalk your threads and pictures of him...

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Haha, Sawyer says thank you :)

The red tri is adorable, I love his eye color. Im curious to see how his eyes turn out and if his fur darkins a bit as he grows. Fingers crossed your able to get your first choice :)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
OMG so freaking cute!

I vote Rhys for a boy, only because that's the name I was going to use if I had gotten Tessa's brother instead. lol

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eye color is still up in the air! Right now they are at the stage where all of their eyes are blue. It should be clearing up soon though I think. Maybe this friday I will get to see?

Another vote for Rhys! Lol. I like it but the boyfriend has said if he ever had a son he would want to name him that. (But neither of us really wants kids) Once a dog is named that its off limits for a kid so who knows lol.

I'll try and get more pictures next time! I felt a little awkward this time just posing the puppies for one picture of each while the breeder sat over us watching. She said it was more than fine, but still I felt awkward. They were more content to just crawl around and sleep in a pile together. Not great for unique pictures lol.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
You want pictures for the future! I have pictures of little sausage Rem at 2 weeks. And oh my gosh, they are so cute! I really like the red tri, but that Merle is preeetty. I also like Rhys. Silas, Abel and Bram are all on my list for my next dog. The male red tris I know are Rivet and Clutch which I also really like!

OH! Edit. I'm a firm believer of going with the pup you reached for first, which one was that? Remy was the one I immediately went for. Obviously that is biased!

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Aussssssieeeeees! So pumped to have another one on the forum!! Based on colours alone, I totally support the red merle!

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I'm kind of partial to the puppy with the most white on it. I think the white makes the other colors 'pop' in contrast :thumbsup:

They are all cute though. : )

Stormy

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Another vote for Rhys! Lol. I like it but the boyfriend has said if he ever had a son he would want to name him that. (But neither of us really wants kids) Once a dog is named that its off limits for a kid so who knows lol.
Well if you really love the name Rhys, you could always tell him that having a puppy is kinda the same as having a kid. He/she will be your fur baby after all:thumbsup:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@zoorun That red merle is a very cute pup. If the red tri hadn't of climbed into my lap the merle might have been first choice. You have some nice names picked out already! I like those. I like Abel, I honestly considered Cain for a name...Hehe The first pup I picked up was the black tri female that is the third pick. I really liked her but when I passed her off to my BF she didn't like him too much. Every time he tried to hold her she cried and squirmed, didn't do any of that for me.
@Redwood Now I like how you are thinking! But could you imagine having 10 adolescent aussies at once? :eek:
@Shandula - I'm pretty happy that I will have a lot of people to consult with as the pup grows up! Yay for Aussies!
@StormyPeak - Actually it seems like that one will be a very pale spotted pup. The the other merles had darker spots that looked more typical. I'm interested how he will look full grown whether or not he becomes mine.
@KayWilson I'd rather just have a fur baby anyways. Children are just not my thing!

But three days until I get to see them again, I'm so excited! I'm also figuring out how wonderful my manager is with everything. I will be getting several days off the first week the puppy is home (my BF is home the ones I will work) and able to take extended lunches for the puppy visits on the weekends.

I need to think of more names....

1 - 20 of 60 Posts