Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently discovered this supplement. They make a version for dogs, cats, birds and horses. I purchased some at Petsmart and started putting it in Grace's food everyday. It has only been a week and Grace really has no skin issues etc but I want to make sure her nutrition is complete. Her food is rotated between Wellness Ocean and Blue Buffalo Duck. Just curious as to if anyone else is using Missing Link and any observations about it, good or bad.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I recently discovered this supplement. They make a version for dogs, cats, birds and horses. I purchased some at Petsmart and started putting it in Grace's food everyday. It has only been a week and Grace really has no skin issues etc but I want to make sure her nutrition is complete. Her food is rotated between Wellness Ocean and Blue Buffalo Duck. Just curious as to if anyone else is using Missing Link and any observations about it, good or bad.
I've never tried it but here's some reviews from amazon, hope it helps:)
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Missing Link Ultimate Skin & Coat Dog Supplement, 1 LB

·
Registered
805 Posts
I used it for my picky eater pups. Both of my boys did fantastically on the Missing Link it when they were on Simply Nourish. It made their coats glorious and they like the taste. I just mixed it with a little bit of wet food and they gobbled it up. I stopped using it for a bit, and used Nupro. The nupro is really great too and it doesn't have to be refrigerated (Missing Link does!) and the dogs do like the taste of it better, but they are both really great products and I love the way my pups shed out when they are on it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! I am going to check out the Nupro Chelseamorning. It would be nice to not have to refrigerate the supplement and thanks for the direction to Amazon reviews Eddie Petski- You learn alot more from actual users than from the back of the package.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
With the foods you use it really isn't necessary. It is a good product but a waste of money of you are using a quality food.

·
Registered
805 Posts
x2

also, using it with them increases the risk of hypervitaminosis. More =/= better
That is why I stopped using it for a while. I didn't have any problems, all blood tests were normal etc, I was just a little worried. I started alternating just ground flax seed with the supplement every other day for the fiber and then I gave them a break from it completely for a few months. I am using it again because I am supplementing heavily with raw and the little one will not eat organs (he even spits out the kidney if they are attached to the chicken backs). I did see changes in the coat quality off the supplement, especially for Tribble. He sheds out MUCH better on the Missing Link and is silkier. He also seemed to need fewer baths.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts