Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new and have not read through all of the threads, so excuse me if the help I seek has aready been offered. We have a three year old miniture Daschund, Lucy, whom we raised from a pup. She was an excellent student in puppy pre-school and advanced training. She is very obedient and takes great pride in her accomplishments. She is rewarded for her good behavior with romps in the nearby park and rides in the car. (Her very favorite activity). She is great about telling us when she needs to go out and she sleeps in bed with us without getting up in the middle of the night except for an occasional sip of water. There is, however, one odd problem: she pees, just a little bit, when we pet her. Sometimes it happens even when we just praise her. She knows it is wrong, she tucks her tail under and slinks into the corner, but she can't seem to help it. This can even happen when we have been outside and she has just peed. It is only a few dribbles, but it is uncomfortable for us and for her. Any ideas?

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
Hello all. I am new and have not read through all of the threads, so excuse me if the help I seek has aready been offered. We have a three year old miniture Daschund, Lucy, whom we raised from a pup. She was an excellent student in puppy pre-school and advanced training. She is very obedient and takes great pride in her accomplishments. She is rewarded for her good behavior with romps in the nearby park and rides in the car. (Her very favorite activity). She is great about telling us when she needs to go out and she sleeps in bed with us without getting up in the middle of the night except for an occasional sip of water. There is, however, one odd problem: she pees, just a little bit, when we pet her. Sometimes it happens even when we just praise her. She knows it is wrong, she tucks her tail under and slinks into the corner, but she can't seem to help it. This can even happen when we have been outside and she has just peed. It is only a few dribbles, but it is uncomfortable for us and for her. Any ideas?
hi, welcome to the forum....:)
this sounds like a pretty straightforward case of submissive urination. here are a few links that should help you to deal with this:
http://ezinearticles.com/?8-Ways-to-Stop-Submissive-Urination-in-Dogs&id=532297

http://www.ddfl.org/behavior/submissive-uri.pdf

www.perfectpaws.com/subr.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_4678403_help-dog-that-submissive-pees.html

the basic idea is to build your dog's confidence and keep the situations where the dog urinates in this way as low-key as possible....

dogs are very very acute studies of body language....it is much more likely that your dog is reading your reaction to her urination and responding to that then that she knows that she has done something wrong...in fact she probably thinks that the urination is the right thing to do in order to appease you. does that make sense?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts