Dog Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello---our mini schnauzers had pups. Two were black and white and two were brown. We are trying to determine what their adult fur color will be. We have never bred dogs before so have no idea. Attached are a few pics of the pups and parents.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Sleeve Companion dog
Cat Comfort Dog breed Whiskers Terrestrial animal
Felidae Carnivore Mammal Gesture Dog

· Registered
1,975 Posts
Really hard to say, but the two black and white are parti schnauzers, the white and black placement pattern will stick.

Mom and dad look white and the other looks salt and pepper so obviously they carry recessive genes for parti. Not sure if the other pups are indeed brown (liver) or salt and pepper.

Do the brown pups have brown noses and foot pads or black?

· Registered
1,975 Posts
Well they aren't liver pepper then.....
IMO they are salt and pepper yes. Just my guess since I can't actually see them. Sometimes salt and pepper has a tan tint. Not sure if that will fade away or not. Does the salt and pepper parent have any tan coloring?

For the pups to express as parti, I'm pretty sure both mom and dad have at least one parti gene. Quite possibly the white parent is actually parti but doesn't express because she is already white (parti means patches of white).

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well they aren't liver pepper then.....
IMO they are salt and pepper yes. Just my guess since I can't actually see them. Sometimes salt and pepper has a tan tint. Not sure if that will fade away or not. Does the salt and pepper parent have any tan coloring?

For the pups to express as parti, I'm pretty sure both mom and dad have at least one parti gene. Quite possibly the white parent is actually parti but doesn't express because she is already white (parti means patches of white).
Yes the dad is salt and pepper with touches of brown around the ears and paws. On my original post, you can see him somewhat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts