Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone has or had a min pin? We might be adopting 2 females, mom/daughter. I've done some research on them who mostly everything says they are medium energy, small dog with big dog personality. But I have a 2 yr old mix (medium size) and I'm wondering how they'd get along with her.
Bella loves all dogs and will play with anything that moves but I hear min pins could be aggressive towards larger dogs?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guy, the adoption when through and we were able to bring them home today. They are very cute, and definetly have the spring in their steps. So far there hasn't been to many issues, Bella seems to try to play when they are moving and the older one doesn't like it too much.
They do seem to pee alot, they will go everytime I take them out which is anywhere from 45min - hour, is that normal for toy breeds?

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
pretty normal...I take my dogs out hourly if I want to avoid acidents ...but thats probably overkill... lol

They *can* hold it 8 or more hours...just som' of them wont. When I go to work they will hold it...but if Iam home they will not.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Yea I have 2 chi's and one urinates frequently so we take her out frequently. They do have tiny bladders :) Congrats on the rescue! Crio is right, they will typically hold it when you are gone.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, do you have any advice on how I can cut down on the barking? They are fine until they hear a noise outside or see the cat then they go nuts, high pitched crazy barking. They stop as soon as I snap my fingers and say hey.
I'm hoping they get used to the cat in time so they don't wake up the kids ALL the time :p

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Congrats :) That's so exciting.

I think what your doing-if it is stopping the barking is perfect :) Definitely with more then one dog-they feed off each other. Mikey does not bark but when he's around other dogs, if they bark he barks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.