Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

new member with a pet who has a problem. My Schnauzer, Bonnie, is 4 years old. She has developed an issue whereby she constantly has a really heavy snot discharge from her nose. She also sneezes a lot. We’re trying to get a handle on likely causes is any one can advise it would be most appreciated.
Cheers
John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven’t done that yet due to me shielding. I expect we’ll be able to start that process at end of month when lockdown eases more. Though I expect that vets will be inundated.

·
Super Moderator
4,157 Posts
I see you are in the UK, vets have been open (although with limited contact) for months so I'd urge you to make an appointment as soon as possible.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Your pup may have developed spring time allergies. A simple and rather safe thing to try is Benedryl. My daughter has a Mini-Schnauzer who is 8 years old and he developed this same problem a couple of years ago.. By vet's advise she began giving him Benadryl twice daily. Just recently she changed his diet to lamb and rice, in case he had developed a protein (chicken) allergy. And the vet has prescribed Apoquel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts