Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am watching animal cops Miami and cannot believe what I just saw...a young female lab got hit by a car had a harness on and part of a leash (she had obviously chewed through) she had a broken leg and was euthanized in the back of the damn animal control truck! WTF?! If I lived there I would never call animal control but pick up the dog myself. I am shocked.... no time for the family to find their dog that escaped.....They said it is because she had no tags.... with no tags they treat them as a stray and kill them. Ugh sorry had to vent yet again.

Boyfriend just looked up Miami's animal control website and it says there is a hold on all strays but if it is injured they will put it down...how absolutely sad....

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
no funding...they have to do what they have to do. I know som'one that volunteers at that shelter. They are beyond fullfullfull.

it cost $5 to put a tag on a dog. Personally i blame the owner for letting their dog run loose with no tag or chip. Its not ACs fault that they have to clean up the mess of irresponsible people.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I was watching it too! I was shocked from the serial animal killer! I've never heard of anyone doing that. And the lady with the 13 dogs and birds? 0_o

·
Registered
321 Posts
There were people going around steeling cattle and horses and slaughtering them for the meat, then leaving the bodies on the side of roads and stuff. They blurred out the images and they didn't find out who it was, but they assumed it was for roadside grills.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My bf actually received an email and it was from the SAME LADY AS IN THE SHOW! She now runs the shelter and says when that was filmed they were under state jurisdiction but says now that they have pulled away and have more freedom they are able to keep dogs on hold if they do not appear neglected even without a tag but that if injuries are extremely severe and cannot be maintained for a couple days with pain meds that yes they have to put them down. It is still sad...I wish my rabies license was 5 f'in bucks!!!!! Miami also has more strict animal abuse laws than we do so it makes sense that they would be more strict with strays

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
My bf actually received an email and it was from the SAME LADY AS IN THE SHOW! She now runs the shelter and says when that was filmed they were under state jurisdiction but says now that they have pulled away and have more freedom they are able to keep dogs on hold if they do not appear neglected even without a tag but that if injuries are extremely severe and cannot be maintained for a couple days with pain meds that yes they have to put them down. It is still sad...I wish my rabies license was 5 f'in bucks!!!!! Miami also has more strict animal abuse laws than we do so it makes sense that they would be more strict with strays
lol rabies tag isn't $5 but an engraved tag with name and address from walmart is...

our rabies tag is like 15$

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
lol rabies tag isn't $5 but an engraved tag with name and address from walmart is...

our rabies tag is like 15$
Our rabies tags are 12$ or 9$ if they had the canine distemper combo a few weeks earlier.

Lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts