Dog Forum banner

Merrick sold to Purina

7K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  sullyrules 
@Larkspur - That's what happened with Blue Buffalo actually. They got bought out in December of last year and has since changed their recipe, importing chicken by-products from China and such. It used to be a decent dog food, but after their "recipe change" *cough*goingcheap*cough* It has been giving countless dogs problems from the more recent batch starting in April/May.

It made my 15 year old lab mix not want to eat, throw up, made him lethargic etc. We thought maybe he was just getting old and was dying. Nope. When my healthy 3 year old mini aussie ate some of his food and promptly threw up I knew it was the dog food. He was on Orijen before we switched him to Earthborn, due to cost reasons not food quality. He is so much much better, eats his food, is more perky and all around not displaying symptoms as if he's dying. Haha. Hopefully we'll have him for a few more years. He's still going. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.