Dog Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
280 Posts
Here is a video of Dexter playing with Stark's ball. He has the same amount of ball drive as my puppy... lol. Poor little guy should of been born a dog.

He is about 1 year old in this video. He will not fully mature or get his "maine" until he is about 2-3 years old.

· Banned
654 Posts
This is my cat Makenzie. She is a long haired dilute calico and she is 6 months old. She LOVES to be pet and loved on but she doesnt like you to hold her. She is my baby!!! I got her at 3 1/2 weeks old! I had to bottle feed her and hand raise her. Makenzie LOVES the camera!:D

Here is my hubbys cat, Dalilah. She is a long haired maine coon mix and she is 6 1/2 months old. She is VERY attached to Michael, she knows that is HER daddy! lol He loves her like she is his own child! She is very friendly and loves to be held. She is very talkative too. She hates cameras so I have never been able to get a lot of pics of ehr so thats why there isnt that many of just her.:eyeroll:

And here are some of the both of them.

· Registered
10 Posts
ok i'll join in the fun!

here is my Siamese, Nala she was a 100$ Cat but since we were friends with her owner we got her for free as a 6 week old kitty = ) she is VERY quirky.. she wont drink out of a bowl. she has to drink out of moving water. so she used to drink out of the toilet. but we got a fountain. and we keep it on so she will drink out of the fountain. she LOVES water. and she walks on a leash. i am thinking she is around 3 years old now. she is not people friendly though! she loves us. the people she lives with. but if you come in our home and you smell and or talk different she will attack you. i think it's because she is partially blind. (because she is cross eyed and she will randomly look in the wrong direction when you are talking to her or something and she can't follow something if it moves to fast or to far away.) but i can't be to sure. but we love her to bits! and she is quite the character! she also loves to ride the 4-wheeler! lol

Attachments

· Registered
10 Posts
next is my Newest kitten. i'm not exactly sure how old she is honestly.. but less than a year for sure. her name is Layla

i looked for a weeks trying to find a tortishell kitten for sell. and i finally came across an ad in the Iwanna paper that was over an hour away. i called the people and they confirmed it was a tortishell kitten. so we went out there. and this is what we found. not exactly tortishell but i fell in love with her anyway. and since she was barn cat bred. she isn't the most loveable thing but she has her moments and she is getting there. she has to be the most funniest cat i have ever seen and extremely agile. when we got her they said she was anywhere from 6-9 weeks old. although she looked small. we believed the people. (Big mistake!!) she couldn't even use the bathroom on her own! and definitely couldn't eat hard food! so we went out and bought a kitten formula for her. and luckily my Siamese took over as mom (what a wonderful kitty!) and helped her with learning to use the bathroom on her own! now she is healthy and thriving and crazy as ever!
YouTube - Layla My Tortishell Tabby Kitten
haha ok i am done obsessing over my cats now! lol

Attachments

· Registered
2,099 Posts
Awww...All of your cats are adorable!! My husband is a cat person and I love cats but I'm allergic. At some point we are going to look into a hypo-allergenic cat.

· Registered
12 Posts
Cat #1 is Charlie, an orange tabby that was found on the side of the road and brought to the vet I work for. Like a lot of young kittens he was really sick with upper respiratory disease, had snot running out of his nose and his eyes were so gunked up he couldn't open them. He was 1lb and about 6 weeks old. The people who found him couldn't keep him and no rescues had room to take him in so I brought home my first cat. I had always declared myself 100% a dog person and this guy really changed my mind. I do cat fostering now and love having them around :).

Right when he came home...

He just turned 2 :)

When he came home I started reading a lot on cat behavior and kept coming across studies that said kittens do better with another kitten to grow up with. I even found out some places are now refusing the adopt out single kittens. So I figured the best thing for Charlie was to get him a pal. That's where Lola comes in :). They hit it off pretty quickly and ever since if you see one the other isn't far away.

Lola is a sweetheart but if Charlie is my cat then Lola belongs to my husband. I secretly believe she's plotting to bump me off and have him to herself. The latest attack was knocking a glass off my nightstand so it would shatter on the floor where I get out of bed in the morning. It was purposeful, I just know it! :D

I don't have any kitten pics on my computer, but here are some recent ones...

She really likes to lounge...

Yeah, she's lazy, lol!

Luckily my two are great with other cats so I take in fosters when I can. Some more recent ones were a two week old kitten who's eyes were just barely starting to open and another 6 week old orange tabby who came in with the same story of Charlie. I actually prefer fostering older cats when I can but my two love the little ones to play with.

· Registered
28 Posts
Balboa & Maverick

Balboa

Balboa & Maverick

Balboa

Maverick & Balboa

Balboa's Story: We found Balboa outside of our house when we lived in town. She was friendly so we took her in and we've had her ever since. She is quite the lovey dovey!
Maverick's Story: We also found Maverick, but we found him when we lived in the country. He had a big gash on his head and was starving so we scooped him up and he's been with us for about 6 years. He is a big boy and weighs about 22 pounds. He is a talker and is also soo sweet.

· Registered
4,917 Posts
Here is our kitten Smokey (we found her the day all the smoke blew in from the forest fires in Quebec).

· Registered
120 Posts
I know this is an old thread--maybe it'll bump it up. =]

These are two of our cats. These pictures were actually taken about this time three months ago. We found these kittens and four of their siblings at my father's parents' house. They did not know that the kittens were there and were very surprised, and had no trouble with us taking them. Two of the kittens went to my former trainer (I stopped using her because her horses were neglected and treated badly), and two went to a family with children. The other two are those pictured, that we kept--the one with the coloured nose to myself and the other to my brother, though both are considered "all of ours" as far as our family.

You probably can tell that they are extremely emaciated. They were starving, skin and bones, at the time we got them. Arising from their neglect is a great appreciation for people, and they are the sweetest things in the world. They have cute meows and you can pick one up and it'll just collapse and purr and you can pick them up together and both brothers will purr even louder. They love to play with each other. Before these kittens I only had very purely bred ragdolls that were worth hundreds of dollars, but when we saved these kittens' lives we couldn't help but keep a couple. My dad loves them too, thankfully, but they can tend to get under your feet (and they followed me when I was walking Marina!) Now they have cute jingly collars in blue and green, and are getting out more and more. They're still cute, though, and love each other so so much--and if one hops over the fence the one on the inside will start bawling!

--

I also attached a picture of Evin, my last ragdoll. He's two, but we let my mother take him, because I have been yearning for a dog and it is in the best interest in my family to stop dealing with his jumping on counter (he only does it when there's /not/ tape), eating food, his sensitive stomach, etc we didn't have to deal with with my other ragdoll--and I had complications with selling him back to the original breeder for a stud as was in our contract, and she tried stealing him, saying he was being abused and neglected (my dad cussed her out. =/ Total *****). Anyways, he's being loved right now. Funny thing is, when my first ragdoll died Marina was depressed for weeks! She couldn't seem to care less, and soon she'll have a puppy to love for!

Anyhow, those are my kitties.

Attachments

· Registered
2,854 Posts
My cat Rowan when she was a Momma Cat:

This kitten (and her sister were dropped off after my cat gave birth and were under age still needing milk so they plopped them in the cage with my cat and she took to them immediately:

one of her own kittens and one of her two black foster-babies:

A few months after I brought Rowan home:

Her Sitting hen Impression:

My other cat Jacob, he isn't turning 1 yrs old till 4/23 so he is technically still a kitten :p :

Them both playing/cuddling:

And just a pic of them both:

and with me!

okay that is it for now I swear! :p :p

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.