Dog Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By some weird ridiculous strokes of fate, I have a foster/potential rescue dog. So far, things have gone amazingly well with only some seriously minor hiccups (though one of those was expensive..). Koda is responding to him wonderfully and is only anxious when I leave her uncrated to take him out. She has been super relaxed, and they're communicating beautifully across 2 baby gates.

Doppler has always been allowed to do whatever he wants, so has tons of barrier frustration issues. He has mixed reactions to strangers and dogs-was super great with smaller dogs but scared of larger ones, and sometimes barks at outstretched hands that don't ask permission. Despite that, he's doing really well in his crate, and only whines quietly when things are loud outside or after maybe 15 minutes of settling down. We started the basis for a leave it, recall, focus/attention, sit, and down. He doesn't lure very well yet but the impulse control and recall he's picked up on fairly quickly with enthusiasm, so I think things will go fast for training.

In any case: meet Doppler.

·
Banned
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, excuse the file size. I'm having some PC changes and didn't have time to shrink things down like normal.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
The first photo made me laugh...he looks shocked at having his photo taken.

Cute dog. : )

Stormy

·
Banned
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha he's in a bit of shock right now, got him Saturday night around 11:30 PM (stupid flights). He's been here almost 24 hours.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
He's so very cute! Looks like you beat me to fostering ;)

·
Banned
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha I didn't expect to beat *anyone* to fostering! And there's a high chance of foster failing assuming things keep going as they do now. If I can get them on walks together, I will be set XD

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Oh he is very cute! And good to hear him and Koda are getting along!

·
Banned
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wasn't expecting it at all-he came as a surprise to me too!

They were fence fighting at the baby gates (but depending on who was in the neutral zone, that dog would back off and ease the tension without interference) yesterday. Today, they're calmly sniffing each other through one gate :)

It'll be really hard to keep you guys updated on how well they're doing! They progress so quickly!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts