Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Me and my bright ideas

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  traciek88 
#1 ·
So today I was bored and feeling kind of lonely so like I usually do I took Stella out with me. Right when we were leaving I felt really hungry then remembered about this deli/restaurant that also has a dog menu and serves dogs. So I thought that was great. I could go on a lunch date with Stella! We go there and it really was hot. It was in the 90s today. Stella got a dish of water and we both got lunch. She really enjoyed hers, and it really was a lot. She left about half of it there. We had a nice time and I'm already thinking like a loser and imagining having her a birthday party there in September.

After that we got in the car to go somewhere else and Stella vomits her delicious lunch of beef, rice, carrots and broccoli all over the car. She was polite enough to try and hide it on the floor and in the corner pocket of the passenger door. I pulled over to clear out the vomit best I could with dry paper towels. I was going to drive us home but she was panting a lot and it was hot so we stopped halfway there at Petsmart so she could get some water and pick up a few things. We did that then came home. She's still kind of hot and my mom is making me feel guilty like she might have a problem with the heat and she only got over that bee sting or whatever yesterday. But really, she was acting fine and wanted to go. Except for when we had lunch we were in the air conditioned car or store and she had access t lots of water. She It wasn't that bad right? :-/

I don't know what's worse either. The fact I have to resort to my dog for dates or that this isn't the first time one of my dates has vomited in front of me.

See less See more
Reactions: secrets0stolen
#2 ·
That didn't sound all that pleasant to clean up lol, well at least she got to enjoy it for a bit. Im sure it was just a combination of heat and riding in the car on a full stomach.
I know how you feel with the heat though, its 90+ and humid here, bleh.

Well the important thing is you both had fun/had a good meal while it lasted :)

#3 ·
I don't know what's worse either. The fact I have to resort to my dog for dates or that this isn't the first time one of my dates has vomited in front of me.
I can't help myself, your last sentence had me :rofl:. It was probably just a combination of the heat and the ride. I'm in NW Florida and hate this time of year! It's blistering hot mixed with face-melting (and good-hair-day killing) humidity. You were being a good mama and enjoying some quality time with your girl - nothing wrong with that!

#4 ·
We had a nice time and I'm already thinking like a loser and imagining having her a birthday party there in September.
This is the line that had me cracking up. :D I would TOTALLY be planning a birthday party for my dogs at a restaurant if we had one that did that. Heh.

And as far as which is worse, having a dog for a date or having one that vomited in front of you; at least you didn't have one that peed in your bed!! (Not a dog, a human. Yes, that actually happened.) :eek:

#5 ·
I'm glad I wasn't drinking when I read this, I would've spit it out for sure! That's hilarious! I'm guessing there was no second date? ;)

#9 ·
Hah, no actually I ended up dating her for a year. =P And hilariously enough someone mentioned the peeing thing. She never did that in the bed but she was on a lot of medication and once something weird happened and she just pissed herself out of nowhere.

My car is starting to not smell like dog vomit now and we got some other cleaners too. Stella's fine now but she actually had to go to the vet for fluids yesterday because she was dehydrated. :-/ I don't know if it was just the heat or I contributed to it Sunday.

Reactions: gngracie
#6 ·
I laughed too at your last line.

Also, the title of the post. I have thought that every time I've adopted another dog...

It always seems like the first 2 weeks are the hardest when getting a dog to adjust to a new home. Every single one I've had, in spite of being 'potty trained' ended up peeing my carpet under and leaving me other stuff to clean up.

Fortunately, I have a good carpet spot cleaner and the pad under my carpet doesn't allow liquids to soak into it....so stuff cleans up really good.

Still... the 'me and my bright ideas' comes into my head every time I have to deal with stupid stuff dogs do.. or doo doo, in some cases.

Stormy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.