Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. We picked up Cobie from a shelter a little more than a year ago and I personally don't care what breed he is, we just love him to pieces! But people always ask about his breed. The vet at the shelter put him down as a "Tibetan spaniel mix" and this may be right but I was curious what you think. Cobie is about 25 lbs and about 15 inches to the shoulder. He has a very relaxed personality and doesn't bark unless there's really something to bark about. He's extremely well manored and an awesome, affectionate little addition to our family. He has picked one person as his clear favorite and everyone else in the family is a close second. The first picture below is the day we brought him home. The rest are more recent.

So... what do you think?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a Pomchi to me.
I don't actually know much about dog breeds so I went and looked up what a Pomchi is. They generally tend to be much smaller don't they? Also they tend to bark a lot? He's visually similar but with the benefit of having Cobie in front of me I see lots of differences. Nobody said he was anything but a mix breed so... Maybe partly?

Thanks for weighing in!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's got to be a Pomeranian Corgi mix.
Well there seems to be some consensus about being part pomeranian. maybe there's something to that.
And thanks for the comment on his tail, we love his tail to his nose but especially his personality!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Even before reading that the vet thought he was a Tibetan spaniel, I immediately thought of it looking at the pictures. Maybe mixed with Cavalier or/and chihuahua?

I don’t at all however see the resemblance with Pomeranian🤔 Doesn’t mean he can’t be mixed with it though, just curious which resemblances everybody is seeing

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well there seems to be some consensus about being part pomeranian. maybe there's something to that.
And thanks for the comment on his tail, we love his tail to his nose but especially his personality!
I do LOVE that tail!!! LOL!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts