Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I made the intro thread in the appropriate section, but thought I would add some pics here as well!

First day home:

A bit fuzzy, sorry:

Getting bigger:

1 year old:

Action Shots:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Wow! So cute! Long legs :)

I love walking off leash with my dogs :)

Unfortunately my puppy is very reactive so that'll have to wait...though I wanted to start off leash training as a puppy and since we can't, all I do now is drop the leash sometimes and have her follow me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! He loves being off the leash and next to us. He never strays too far, unless I send him after birds! Took a while to trust him, I'm sure you will get there. And the legs are very long, and he uses his front paws like hands all the time, more than any dog I've ever known!

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Beautiful pup and what a transformation! I love seeing before and after pics.

This is one of my fav shots.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Beautiful pup! What is he?? *drools*

This shot is so funny... :p

edit:
I found your other post, but I still dont see Doberman in him... Must just be me. :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! We honestly have no idea about his breed, but he is one heck of a dog!! The entire staff at our vet's office was taking guesses, and we heard at least 8 different breed possibilities.
Posted via Mobile Device

As far as Doberman goes, there are times that I see it, and times I don't. Mostly in his build/shape.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Hee Hee HOULA HOULA HOULA HOULA MIX! The tail, body, freckles, ears and athleticism is houla...Please give him a job to do or he will feel unimportant and may become a little...how do you say...destructive, LOL...One of our houlas job is to look out the window for squirrels (don't say that work around her) and to guard the front door entrance. The other houla...well her job is just to stay by the other houlas side...she is special needs. Sigh.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey again pkelley! He has a couple jobs actually, I take him to work with me and he chases birds off the site, and about 5 times a week we are out playing frisbee and chasing birds! I'm trying to get him to be my flushing dog for hunting, but I am scared he may be too old to start training. Either way, he is very loved!

Protecting the house and my fiancee is his main concern most of the time.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I want him. Well not really because he looks very loved, but he is gorgeous! I love his tail :) Remy also comes to work with me, but can't chase birds for the life of her (has got some moose and bears away from me though!).

He just looks like one good mutt! I've always had good luck with mixes, they surprise you.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
LOL! Kevo -
I think you should get a second houla too! They are SO MUCH fun to watch when they are together! Side by side doing everything together! It is less work to have TWO of them! Chloe and Addy wake each other up with kisses, at the vets, Chloe "kissed" where Addy had blood drawn and the vet was kind of freaking out about how sweet it was! So glad Maverick has a few jobs...isnt' it funny to see HOW SERIOUS he takes them, LOL. Chloe gets this guilty look on her face when she occasionally falls asleep "guarding" the outside from the window. You can teach Maverick lots of words, Chloe knows about 60, so we started spelling them...and then have to use Spanish words as she caught on.
My daughter and son in law were driving one day, the window was open, he mentioned the word squirrel, Chloe sailed through the window, they were going about 30 miles an hour!!! Window is now half way all the time. :eek:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wanted to post a few goofy ones. We are probably going out this weekend and will take a few more of him.

Messing with his ears!

No idea...

I woke him up for this one!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
That last pic is such a houla "pleeeeasssse" look! Thanks for posting them, so enjoyed seeing Maverick! Please see my signature link to help houla rescue get a grant, LOL.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha, I actually started looking online for adoptable houla's! Not committed to another dog just yet, but if the right one comes along, who knows!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Two houlas are SO much easier, lol. I laugh everytime I see their two butts side by side heading out the door! And they just LOVE being together and playing and sleeping. Ours play "hide the toy", they dug a hole in the backyard, one will put the toy in it, the other will "draw off" the other dog and then make a mad dash for the hole and grab the toy and the chase is on, they do this for hours! Get toy, put in hole, grab toy and chase...

Look at Catahoula Rescue's FB and rescue sites! There are soooo many...and transport can be arranged to you. Petfinder has some also.

You wouldn't regret adopting another! It is such a blast.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts