Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sssooooo, for everyone who was following Tiger's puppies in the 'New Additions" section of this awesome forum, here is Mauka. This thread is all about her growing up. New pictures will be added anywhere from once a week, to once monthly. Enjoy :)

If you missed the original timeline, here it is:
http://www.dogforum.com/new-additions/puppy-pictures-timeline-check-out-194265/

Please, please, please understand that I did not intend for my Tiger to be bred. Dogs in heat are like teenagers... you can keep them locked in, but they sometimes manage to get out and get pregnant. We did not consider the idea of spaying after we caught her with a male, because that would result in the abortion of her unborn babies. We took the responsibility of caring for Tiger and her puppies very seriously.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The first day without her siblings was different for her! She seemed lonely and a little sad. When I asked if she missed Makai, Daffy, and Daisy, she howled in sadness. We decided to keep her busy outside to take her mind off of them.
After a day or two, she is doing great. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
Gwrar she is super super cute! I love brindles. Can't wait to see what she'll end up looking like when she's grown up. Did any of the other pups get rehomed nearby so you will be able to see them as they grow too?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gwrar she is super super cute! I love brindles. Can't wait to see what she'll end up looking like when she's grown up. Did any of the other pups get rehomed nearby so you will be able to see them as they grow too?
Two are being fostered nearby, but they'll eventually be adopted in Florida... a few states away. The others are all about 1 to 2 hours away. Their new families said they's share pictures from time to time. If they do, I'll add those pictures too. :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tiger playing with Mauka!!!

After Tiger's 1.5 mile walk, Mauka ambushed her mom. I caught a few pictures of Mauka and Tiger playing. After the rough housing, they both fell asleep. Here they are!

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Oh my goodness they are adorable! I love that mix the colouring is absolutely stunning.

Reactions: purplesully

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I cant believe how much Mauka looks like Tiger right now , she almost looks like her lighter mini me lol.
Mauka is extremely cute :)

Reactions: purplesully

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A couple of pictures... one shows how much Mauka has grown from birth. She was 19 pounds at 11 weeks! I can't believe how big she is already.

another picture show her asleep on my leg.

She goes everywhere with us and does not need a leash in the yard... listens when we call, stays close. We don't have to raise our voice to reprimand because she listens right away. Mauka is so well mannered, and such a people person too.

Mauka has been helping her mom learn all over how to be a family dog. After being abandoned be her last person, Tiger never fully opened up to us. Now she crawls onto the couch next to us, and puts her head on my lap like she actually want to be with us! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
in that last picture, Mr. Silver Rabbit decided to fling his bedding around, and it caught Tiger's attention.
She is much better about ignoring him... most of the time ;)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The part of the South where I am got it's first winter weather of the season. Mauka was a little nervous about the new sensation of cold, but (true to the nature of dogs) she adapted quickly. :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts