Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marley is a Labrador / Great Pyrenees mix who's mom and dad were taken in a few days before birth. He was born 5/28/16 and is currently 8 weeks old! He and his 10 brothers and one sister were covered in fleas so we took care of that the very next day when he went in for his check up and the vet recommended Nexgard. Fleas started dropping off not more than an hour after that and he was clear by the next day! We thought he was going to be low key and lazy since he stayed that way for the first two days home. Little did we know, our sweet, chill puppy was going to turn into a big, white ball of energy! His coat isn't quite as long as the great Pyrenees puppies' I've seen but it has the same texture and consistency. His dew claws are still attached but we plan on getting them removed when he goes in for his neuter at 6 mos. He has double on one foot but the rest only have one.

Without further ado, meet Marley!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A little update. Marley is doing great! He's getting so big so fast!! His personality has changed a lot since we got him! He is hyper, hyper, hyper! Luckily, he sleeps a lot for now! We went for our first walk down the jogging trails! He's gonna be a great jogging partner one day for sure! Here is chillaxing in the shade afterwards! You can follow his progress with daily picture updates through his Instagram page! Marley_the_pyrador.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!! He's not too fond of bath time but he's not awful haha. His legs just keep getting longer and longer!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a nine week old Marley! He weighs 15 pounds (uncertain if this is a healthy weight or not but no ribs or backbone prominent) and is hyper as ever! Vet's apt on the 19th for shots (fun, fun). Here are some fun pics from yesterday :)

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't believe this baby is 3 months old! Almost time for his last set of shots then he gets clipped at 6 months (shh don't tell him that). I hate having to put any dog through surgery but I know its something that needs to be done.

He has a girlfriend now! My best friend has a black GSD girl and Marley adores her!

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Dawh, what a cutie! And your friend's pup is gorgeous as well, look at her ears!

We'll keep his neutering a secret haha. Have you considered a late neuter though? They're done when the dog is 2 years old. It's so they get the most out of their growth hormones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts