Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I draw occasionally and today I just got this urge to draw something. (Photoshop painting, don't know when was the last time! )
This is just.. well. Blue heeler.

Another digital painting. I'm pretty sure I've shown some of these here before. Hope it's okay.
This is Casper who passed away 1,5 years ago. He was my brother's and his gf's beloved miniature schnauzer. Charming little dude.

Few Graphite pencil works
Motko as a puppy

and Motko as not so puppy anymore

Motko's brother Hiski

Motko's cousin, purebred ACD "Roti".

For Fiilis' memory. (My friend had this sick white shepherd. Fiilis died soon after his 2nd birthday. So sad)

·
Banned
6,595 Posts
These are amazing! Totally a style I would love to learn but I'm definitely not great at drawing and am less practiced. Do you have any suggestions? :) I particularly love the digital of Casper. Very, very nice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aw, thank you!
Argh, I'm the last person on earth to give any advice when it comes to drawing. I just draw and ... that's it. Been doing it on and off since I was a kid. Purely self taught and still learning by just simply doing it. I draw now and then, not regularly and I'm kind of stuck on this level and I'm perfectly fine with it.

Only advice I can think of is practice. Practice, practice, practice. Save often. It's also okay just to play around! When doing digital art there's always limitless changes to go back and redo. Nothing like pencil drawings or other traditional art methods where you just need to cover up your own mess. Equipment is also sort of important, but it's not what makes you a good artist. You can draw with whatever you've got and get excellent results if you want to. it just might take more time and effort. I've made art with only a regular mouse as well as with drawing tablet. Nowadays I use both and they're far from high end stuff. Just an old and reliable Wacom ct-430 tablet that I bought second hand several years ago and whatever mouse I happen to have in use.

These portraits are made only with regular gaming mouse about 10 years ago. No dogs, sorry about that but don't see the point putting them elsewhere.

My first attempt to draw a human portrait (Jack Bauer :D )

Robert Knepper

Yunjin Kim

This stormy scenery is made mostly with the Wacom, it just came out of my head suddenly and I still love it and not least because it just appeared on my virtual canvas out of nowhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts