Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 8 month old black lab puppy and a 4 year old mixed breed dog and also a 3 month old baby I have been having trouble trying to balance spending time with the baby but also spending some time with the dogs. One of the biggest problems is that first thing in the morning while I'm trying to feed the baby, the puppy comes over with a toy trying to get me to play with him. I need ideas on things to give him that would occupy his attention during that first hour or so when I am with the baby. If anyone has any ideas on toys that are really good for independent play that would be great. Oh also we have tried nylabones and he isn't the biggest fan of them he will chew them for a few minutes but never for very long.

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
What about a nice stuffed frozen kong? You can stuff it with different yummy stuff at night and put it in the freezer so it's an easy grab in the morning?

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
As far as activities, walking is a good bonding time for all, baby in a stroller, dogs walking. If you are in a weather friendly location, that could be a morning activity all look forward to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts