Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone reading this, if you have any advice on the following please comment. I am from Delhi, India, and the area around where I live has quite some coronavirus cases and thus there's a strict lockdown. I've stopped taking Odin, my 8 month old very energetic puppy, for his daily walks. I try to play with him inside the apartment as much as I can. But what is more of a cause of worry is that his nails won't get their natural grinding they did on the roads. I can clip them, it will be tough with him but I can try, but then they'll be sharp as well. And if he scratches himself with those he can wound or infect himself. I can't obviously let his nails grow because it's so uncomfortable for him, but I'm not sure how to grind/clip them to avoid any problems. I haven't had a pet before and so maybe there's stuff I don't know about. Let me know what you think. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Two options are available once is to grind them and your right the other is to clip them. I could explain the process here but if you are like me you are a visual learner. You tube is your best friend in this case do a quick search and you will find lots of videos. When you start do a few nails at a time you do not want to make it a bad experience for your dog.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts