Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have tried everything. We have bought so many different types of dog food that you could feed 5 dogs with it. We only give her dogfood. Yet she refuses to eat anything at all. Not even chicken with rice. She has no sicknesses whatsoever. We can‘t even forcefeed her. Please help us. At this point we have no idea what to do.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
What does your Vet say? If after a medical work up there is no diagnosis, there are appetite stimulant medications that could be prescribed.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Try giving home made meals, warm & you may have to hand or spoon feed for a while. Also check the teeth, mine had probs eating & on inspection had too many teeth, & had to have 4 teeth surgically removed. This was making it really hard to eat & she had gums stitched up so for a while after the op she couldnt eat well. My dog is insulted if I offer her dog food & never eats it. She has proper real meat that I eat. Grain free nutro salmon biccys & science diet small bites she likes mixed together, turned her nose up at all the other healthy range. She loves dried duck treats, but will often give it back if it means doing something for it. Would happily scoff cat biscuits if she got the chance! Vet said they have more fat in them, but not too worry if she's thin & eats them, get ones without coloring tho.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Also just a reminder to all, if you want info from previous posts on a subject to read you can press the search button at the top & enter click on posts then enter the word- topic. In this case food ☺

1 - 4 of 4 Posts