Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have an intact male dog who is an "over-achiever" when it comes to the amount of discharge he secretes? His tummy and inner thigh fur is always stiff and sticky. Suggestions?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it sounds like a joke. However, he has had several infections due to this and has been on antibiotics multiple times. Anyone know if neutering corrects this problem? Hate to think this is going to be an issue his whole life. We got the dog on a "guardian" program. He was given to us free of charge, with the agreement that he would be used for breeding, but I don't know if ethically we should breed this problem into his offspring.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Perhaps you could try seeing a different vet for a second opinion, there may be something else going on. A fungus infection for example, or maybe foreign material lodged inside the sheath of the penis.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps you could try seeing a different vet for a second opinion, there may be something else going on. A fungus infection for example, or maybe foreign material lodged inside the sheath of the penis.
I was sent to another vet for an ultrasound, where they indeed found foreign matter underneath the foreskin and flushed it out, followed by more antibiotics. But it did not help and the infection has returned.

I do think I will get another opinion, though. The fungal infection sounds like it may have merit. Thank you.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Good that it was found and flushed out. Another issue to consider is a foxtail seed that may have found its way inside and may have embedded itself?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts