Dog Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
I know...but what should I do?
The dog already became so attached to me,like it was mine always.
I can’t give him in some shelter or something Like that.And while he is with me i can’t leave him tied up all day
Check on social media pet sites as a last resort. If nothing then you've done all you can do, then microchip pup in your name so its legaly yours.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Malinois are a lot of dog. They can have nerve issues which leads to fear and anxiety, which often leads to aggression issues. If you got a stable pup, at minimum he’s going to have a lot of energy and a lot of drive. You’ve already seen that, and it kind of seems like you’re already out of your depth. I would do more serious research on this breed and decide if you can really provide the right home for him. That means loads of exercise and more importantly, intense training. These aren’t the kind of dogs you can just put simple pet obedience on. They can do a lot of damage. If you can’t, you should find him a new home. Don’t worry about him being too attached to you. He’s a tiny baby. He’ll attach to anyone at this point because they’re keeping him safe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Malinois are a lot of dog. They can have nerve issues which leads to fear and anxiety, which often leads to aggression issues. If you got a stable pup, at minimum he’s going to have a lot of energy and a lot of drive. You’ve already seen that, and it kind of seems like you’re already out of your depth. I would do more serious research on this breed and decide if you can really provide the right home for him. That means loads of exercise and more importantly, intense training. These aren’t the kind of dogs you can just put simple pet obedience on. They can do a lot of damage. If you can’t, you should find him a new home. Don’t worry about him being too attached to you. He’s a tiny baby. He’ll attach to anyone at this point because they’re keeping him safe.
Truth...i agree. That’s why I want to find out how to approach them, if his owner doesn’t look for him.
You seem to have Experience with malinois. I know its serious business owning a Malanois, and everybody talking about serious training, which gets me thinking, is that training so intensive with these breed, and excercise, is it even posibile for a person with no Experience with Malinois grow him into a good dog?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Truth...i agree. That’s why I want to find out how to approach them, if his owner doesn’t look for him.
You seem to have Experience with malinois. I know its serious business owning a Malanois, and everybody talking about serious training, which gets me thinking, is that training so intensive with these breed, and excercise, is it even posibile for a person with no Experience with Malinois grow him into a good dog?
Hi there,

just wondering how are you doing? You still got the puppy?
I have malinois myself. If you need any advice, I'm here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ah, I see. Thanks for the update.
That's probably for the best :) They are a lot of a dog, can be too much.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts