Dog Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we received the biopsy results and our pup has been diagnosed with Lymphoblastic Lymphoma. I would like to hear from people who have experience in this area. What stage was the dog in when treatment started? Treatments used? How long did the dog affected live? Those types of things.... Thanks so much! Have a great day! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just found out yesterday that our 14mth boy has the same thing :(
I'm so sorry to hear that. Get him to the vet and on chemo and steroids as soon as possible. We couldn't get our dog in on Friday and had to wait until today (Monday) and her condition declined significantly over the weekend.

We saw an oncologist today and feel better having a working understanding of the disease. Lymphoma is a very treatable disease, even the type our dogs have. It will always come back, eventually it will take your pup, but you could still have that dog for another one or two playing/fetching/barking/being a crazy dog/ tearing stuff up and sometimes being a "bad dog" years! 90-95% of dogs respond to therapy and go into remission. Lymphoma is a death sentence but there is a lot that can be done to put it off. Check it out and please post back. I'm in the same boat as you are and it would be nice to be able to discuss these things with someone.

Take care, good luck and stay optimistic!
Calvin

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'm so sorry for both of you....it must be so heartbreaking to receive that news. I will keep you both in my prayers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm so sorry for both of you....it must be so heartbreaking to receive that news. I will keep you both in my prayers.
Thanks, much appreciated. Our dog seems to be responding to the medication fairly well. She's up and about, barking, eating and looks a lot better. I know she won't be around as long as she would have but I am grateful for every extra second she's here. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts