Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a bassett/dachshund mix.. i woke up this morning and was petting her and i found a small lump on her right back upper leg. it's about the size of a nickel and it's hard. im taking her to the vet next week to check it out, but im really stressing out over this. she's getting kinda old, she's 7, and the most important thing in the world to me. if anybody knows anything about this could you please help me?

·
Registered
25 Posts
That the dog to the vet fast. One of mine had a lump and the vet stuck a needle in it to see about the fluid. It was a sist. My sweet Minnie had a lump on her chest and it was Cancer. I spent $650 to save her. I had another year with her before the cancer returned and it spread all over her body. I loved her dearly, and always will.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cancer... im so sorry. i havent slept a single night without daisy in 7 years. if anything ever happened to her id be sick. she has an appointment for wednesday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sists

Okay, I wouldn't get too worked up. My older wheaten terrier Casey as many lumps all over her body. They are sists and are completely harmless. Some are big and some are small, but their is no way to take them away except for surgery. We trieid that but her blood pressure went crazy and they had to stop the operation. So we just put a shirt on her, so our other wheatie won't lick them, and clean them once in a while. They do smell very bad though and have spready. Most of them are a lot bigger now....:dog-cry:. I'm not saying this is what they are but don't get urself worked up about cancer when it might not be that. But good luck with her!!!! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts