Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My almost 10 year old German shepherd began limping the other day out of nowhere. I looked at the bottom of her foot today to see if I could tell what was wrong and there is a relatively large, soft lump in between her paw pads. There is a photo attached of her foot. Can anyone identify this?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
No one here is a vet, so I don't think anyone will be able to correctly identify the lump or prescribe a treatment.

It really is time to take your dog to the vet. Please let us know how it all turns out. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all,

I wasn't necessarily looking for a diagnosis but to see if anyone had seen anything like that before. I brought Lexi to the vet yesterday and the vet said that she saw infectious material so it is most likely an infection. They wanted to do an X ray to see if they could tell if the swelling was a product of severe arthritis, but we decided to put her on antibiotics for a week and then check back in if it doesn't get better.

·
Registered
83 Posts
thanks for the update..hopefully the medication heals it, if it does not heal please get a biopsy done to rule out anything else..prayers for your pup

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Thanks so much for the update. I hope that the antibiotics will bring about a full recovery. I hope that you might post another update. Take care.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts