Dog Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 year old Shih Tzu named Prince. A while ago my mother found a small lump under the skin on his neck (about the size of a 5p coin) I looked at it and it doesn't seem to cause him any discomfort. I was able to move it so it wasn't attached to anything. I looked up what he might have (bad idea) and started to panic as people were saying it could be a tumor. I told my mother to take him to the vet but she's afraid they'll tell her it's bad and I don't know what to do im only 14. I checked it again recently I think its grown a bit but im not sure, I could be paranoid. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? :confused: :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 10 year old Shih Tzu named Prince. A while ago my mother found a small lump under the skin on his neck (about the size of a 5p coin) I looked at it and it doesn't seem to cause him any discomfort. I was able to move it so it wasn't attached to anything. I looked up what he might have (bad idea) and started to panic as people were saying it could be a tumor. I told my mother to take him to the vet but she's afraid they'll tell her it's bad and I don't know what to do im only 14. I checked it again recently I think its grown a bit but im not sure, I could be paranoid. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? :confused: :(
*its between his shoulder blades (not neck)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Your Mom really needs to have it checked out by a vet.....it may be something as simple as a fatty tumor, which is harmless, but you'll only find that out from a Vet!
They can usually just do a needle biopsy and look at the cells under a microscope.
Ignoring it isn't going to make it go away and if it grows to a point where it impedes the dogs movement or comfort, that is just plain bad!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Just like everyone has already said, you and or your mother need to take him to the Vet. Always best to know what it is, and it may be nothing to worry about, but you need that Vet visit to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts