Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rescued a dog and i have had him for a couple of years now about a couple months ago I noticed a lump on his left rear leg it was just about gone now it has come back and it's gotten bigger than it was before it is swollen and is soft .. its tender and he is not happy with me if i touch it.. he seeems to lean on it when he sits. I dont know what i should do for him.. i am worried about it being cancer or somthing like that .. if anyone can give me some insight about what they think it could be it would be really appreciated.. i havr attached a few photos of the lump and of him.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
i would take the dog to the vet just to be safe.
my dog has a similar situation though not that big. Taking him to the vet is probably the best thing to do

·
Banned
1,885 Posts
Vet, vet, vet, ASAP

-Looks like- a possible infection, but it's IN / NEAR a joint - urgent action is needed, if U don't want his leg possibly amputated.

bone infections or joint infXns are extremely difficult to treat - sooner is imperative. :(
Let us know the vet's Dx, please?
- terry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I have an older jack russell, and he ended up getting a lump on his front paw near the joint. It grew to a round size of a golf ball within a year. it would bleed when he rubbed against a wall. It started to get uncomfortable for him, so we took him to the vet. It was a fat deposit. so as my daughter is studying to be a vet , she assisted the vet in removing it with local anistesia, Now it is gone but tht leg still bothers him and he doesn t walk as far as he use to. I hope this helps u.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts