Dog Forum banner

Lump on my dogs head after a bang

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JudyN 
#1 ·
hello pet lovers,

I am seeking some advice to a problem that my French Bulldog Simba has. I recently went on holiday and left him with a dog carer for 1 week, during my holiday I was sent pictures of him and he was in good care and health. On the day of collecting him everything seemed as normal but it wasn´t until I was walking home with him I noticed a huge lump on the left side of his head above his eye. The lump is like a golf ball shape and size, and naturally I was very concerned and contacted the carer who assured me he hadn´t banged his head or at least she hadn´t witnessed it, which I thought was weird anyway as she was suppose to be looking after him. Now Simba is clumsy and has a tendency to bang his head into doors and walls when playing so it´s definitely not uncommon for him to bump his head, however without injury. I immediately took him to the vets who checked him over and ruled out cancer/tumor or anything nasty. They did confirm it was caused by a heavy bang to the head and gave him an anti-inflammatory injection and some tablets to help reduce the swelling and a head scan. They didn´t seem concerned and tested it was just fluid under the lump and drained it off. I took him back 1 week later and the lump was still the same, they again checked and made sure it was just fluid and and gave him another anti-inflammatory injection and more medication.They said now all the fluid has gone and what remains is hard scar tissue under the skin. It´s not been 4 weeks since this happened and Simba is doing well, he´s not been in any pain but the huge lump has remained. On my last visit to the vets this week they told me it is likely to stay and never return to normal, which is upsetting to hear as it has changed the look of his head and face. I am now hopeful someone else may have encountered a similar problem and what you did to help reduce it. I have attached some pictures so you can see the extent of the bump.
thank you for taking the time to read and reply.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.