Dog Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would highly recommend Blue Buffalo. Pit Bull Food

Guidelines for Low Sodium Dog Foods
High sodium diet: anything above 0.5%
No risk or mild sodium restrictions include 0.35% to 0.5% or about 100mg/100kCal
Moderate sodium restriction include 0.1% to 0.35% or about 80mg/100kCal
Severe sodium restriction anything less than 0.1% or about 50mg/100kCal
If your dog has any form of heart disease then you will want to choose their food wisely. For these problems you may be encouraged by a vet to look for a low sodium dog food. Truth is, there are many high quality commercial dog foods out there that can provide the protein your dog needs without the salt. Unfortunately, the information is not readily available on most dog food labels. So, finding the best low sodium dog food for your pet might take a quick call to the company. Once you make sure the food’s sodium levels are within the proper range for your pet you can improve the longevity and quality of life for your dog.

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
I would highly recommend Blue Buffalo. Pit Bull Food

Guidelines for Low Sodium Dog Foods
High sodium diet: anything above 0.5%
No risk or mild sodium restrictions include 0.35% to 0.5% or about 100mg/100kCal
Moderate sodium restriction include 0.1% to 0.35% or about 80mg/100kCal
Severe sodium restriction anything less than 0.1% or about 50mg/100kCal
If your dog has any form of heart disease then you will want to choose their food wisely. For these problems you may be encouraged by a vet to look for a low sodium dog food. Truth is, there are many high quality commercial dog foods out there that can provide the protein your dog needs without the salt. Unfortunately, the information is not readily available on most dog food labels. So, finding the best low sodium dog food for your pet might take a quick call to the company. Once you make sure the food’s sodium levels are within the proper range for your pet you can improve the longevity and quality of life for your dog.
if i were you id read this because that company use by products and to this day wont be honest on thier packaging about it http://poisonedpets.com/blue-buffalo-admits-to-bull****ting-consumers/ and Pet Food Honesty

so i wouldnt reccomend it at all

1 - 3 of 3 Posts