Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog was thrown from a moving car downtown. I rescued him and followed the lady to a nearby restaurant. Turns out she paid a lot of money for a "Minnie Jack" ( a mix between a Min Pin and a JRT) that was supposed to be hypoallergenic or some other nonsense and she was angry that her daughters allergies were being bothered by the dog. Anyways I was told by the vet tech that he looked a lot like her Manchester. I wasn't looking for a dog at the time and intended to rehome him. My baby fell in love with him and she calls him her Bubba so I kept him.

I assumed short hair=little shedding. I was wrong. I could make a whole nother dog with the fur he leaves in his crate,on the couch,in the floor etc. We bathe him ,brush him but still he sheds everywhere. The vet says he is fine and he has his shots so it is not sick or nerves. I don't know what to do, we are besieged by dog hair. Help please. I have no way of knowing for sure what hid breed is so I don't know if he has a double coat or not but he has short hair.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Have you used Furinator shampoo, conditioner and their brush on him? Also, there is a supplement called Dynovite that my vet says is wonderful for shedding...there is research available on it I believe if you google it. Our dog Chloe blows her coat twice a year, Addison, seems like she never loses her coat! Both are catahoula leopard dogs.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The type of food the dog eats can also make a HUGE difference in shedding.

Reactions: pkelley

·
Premium Member
11,875 Posts
It's hard to tell based on the photo but it looks like he has a typical Min Pin coat?
If so he is single coated but yeah... he's going to shed!;)
Dogs that shed very little tend to have curly coats (poodles, bichons, etc.) or long single coats (yorkies, maltese, etc.)

My Min Pin and Dobie (they have the same coat type) shed year round though it's not too bad. I don't so much have issues with piles of Min Pin/Dobe fur. Really the worst part is that their fur sticks in everything like little needles. I manage their shedding by brushing them regularly with a kong zoom groom (many people also like shedding blades) and feed a high quality, grain free food. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
That poor wee pup, thank you for saving him, I wud have slapped that b,,,,,, dinner in her face , :mad::mad: ,,

As for shedding well!!! I have a gsd and wow he never stops shedding, all I do is keep brushing him and use a shedding tool regular to keep it at bay lol, I'm used to the hairs now :D good luck with ur boy x

·
Registered
878 Posts
FURminator may help. You can use the brush, and you can get a vaccum attachment that can really help get all of the dog hair! You might want to also get some of the shampoo and conditioner to help with shedding!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.