Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This puppy arrived at our doorstep this morning out of nowhere. We thought he was a stray and probably lost his way. We went down and dropped him on the street, only to find that he’d made it upstairs to our doorstep again (we stay on the 4th floor).
He has been constantly wailing and looks very scared and lonely and lost. Keeps barking.
we don’t know if it’s a pet or a stray!
Can someone please help?
Do you think he is a pet?
How old is he? I thought probably 5 months old.
And I don’t know why he’s constantly barking, doesn’t stop.
He is trying to get inside our house, so is it a pet?
Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,655 Posts
Poor lad, he looks very sweet and he is probably scared. It looks like you are in India, what we would do here is find a vet or groomer who could check if he has a microchip with owner's details. We also have services that would look after him until the owner is located. Do you have anything like that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Joanne. Thank you for replying.
We do have animal shelters here who could take him in but the problem is, almost everything’s closed because of the lockdown. They said they cannot come over and take him and we can’t get him there.
Veterinary hospitals aren’t that cooperative here sadly.
There are some friends who’re willing to keep him provided he is a pet. But we have no means of knowing that!

·
Super Moderator
3,655 Posts
Then I suppose, to give him a chance, your friends could take him and see how he reacts. The fact he has sought out humans would make me think he is used to human company and so more likely to be a pet than not. So if your friends could take him for now, maybe you could call local vets, shelters and pet shops and ask if a dog like him is reported missing, and maybe put up posters? If an owner is looking for him, you would be doing a good thing by keeping him safe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Poor lad, he looks very sweet and he is probably scared. It looks like you are in India, what we would do here is find a vet or groomer who could check if he has a microchip with owner's details. We also have services that would look after him until the owner is located. Do you have anything like that?
Then I suppose, to give him a chance, your friends could take him and see how he reacts. The fact he has sought out humans would make me think he is used to human company and so more likely to be a pet than not. So if your friends could take him for now, maybe you could call local vets, shelters and pet shops and ask if a dog like him is reported missing, and maybe put up posters? If an owner is looking for him, you would be doing a good thing by keeping him safe.
Yes we’ll do that for now. Fingers crossed.
Thank you for your help ^_^

·
Registered
986 Posts
Very difficult with lockdown. I agree that as he has sought you out and made the effort to climb upstairs then he is most likely a pet. When I stayed with my son a few years ago we came down and found a dog huddled in his porch. He was a bit nervous but the dog was ok just cold wet and hungry. It turned out it lived in a very similar house a few streets away and had got lost (new to the area)
Maybe this dog has got out of where it belongs , maybe that place is like yours and it feels safe with you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts