Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I boarded my dogs for a couple days while I went out of town. They warned me that kennel cough was going around in pretty much all the kennels in the area. So I'm not surprised that they got it. They both seem to be themselves aside from the hacking and coughing. My puppy, Cooper, however is a little different. Today, he has some loose stools. He is otherwise still playful, but he begs to go outside a little more today. I don't wanna call it diarrhea because he doesn't seem too eager to go use the bathroom (like an emergency) and he hadn't had an accident in the house. It's just looser than normal. I called and made a vet appointment but they suggested I wait a couple days as it may not be serious. Have any of your dogs ever had this with kennel cough? Am I just overreacting?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did give him a raw meaty bone for the first time as a "welcome back home" gift lol. Bentley used to get them all the time but this was cooper's first. I guess the bone marrow can cause diarrhea? And since Bentley is pretty used to it, that would explain why only Cooper got the upset stomach.
His stools did firm up a bit.. It was an intense moment, I took him outside and he did his little squat.. It's sad how excited I got when I saw regular poop lolol!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.