Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so Bandit is extremely important to me, and I want to commemorate that with a tattoo of him for my 20th birthday next month, around 6.5 inches long and 4 inches wide on my right upper thigh. I'm looking to pay an artist to design my tattoo because I want this tattoo to be perfect! I'm looking for a portrait style realism with either Bandit's name or "stole my heart" around/near it. If any of you guys are interested, or have any suggestions of people that sound like a good fit, please message me so we can discuss rates and specifics! Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
I've been looking for an artist to commission work from for a while but I just can't quite figure out what I want. (Mine is not going into a tattoo, just something I want to hang on my wall)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most good tattoo artists can go from a picture and design one to your liking.
Yeah, and that worked really well for my first tattoo. But usually by the time I get to the tattoo artist and start talking to them I get nervous and rambly and I have a nasty habit of saying that something is good when its actually not exactly how I want it. For example my first tattoo is wrapped around my wrist. My tattoo artist had accidently put it on my left wrist instead of my right. But my anxiety kicked in and I thought she would be so disappointed and frustrated having to move it from my left to right wrist that when she asked if everything was okay and if she could start tattooing I told her it was perfect and let her tattoo the wrong arm. While that isn't a huge deal for that tattoo this one is going to be much more complex. I want to be more prepared this time. So I'm going to go in with correct measurements, placement and a design so hopefully my anxiety won't mess me up.

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
I've been looking for an artist to commission work from for a while but I just can't quite figure out what I want. (Mine is not going into a tattoo, just something I want to hang on my wall)
Contact Polar Square Designs (Kate Taylor)... I've ordered several portraits from her and have always been happy. I'm FB friends with her so you can send her a message if you want. She's SUPER nice and really helpful along the process.

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
@Aspen726, what kind of art did she do for you? Honestly I found a water color artist that I love, just have to figure out where I would put it in my house and get the money together.

Reactions: Aspen726

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
@jclark343 that's awesome! Please post photo's when it's done! :)
Most were graphite and one was watercolor pencil... I think. Haha... I know NOTHING about art. I either like it or I don't. :)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
This is only a suggestion, but if you want to try and create your own 'sketch' to take to a tattooist try taking one of your own photos and use SuperPhoto (it's a free app) on it in the 'painting' mode..... here's a couple of pictures that I did of Molly in SuperPhoto painting...................it's a very addicting and easy app!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! my name is Marie and I'm an art student living in france,
I've been drawing dogs since I was a child and I'd be really happy to design the tatoo for you!

Here's a link to my facebook page if you want to see what I've been doing so far: https://www.facebook.com/mariepart/

And here's one thing I've done last summer that could give you an idea of my more "realistic"/stylized line art:

·
Registered
101 Posts
this is pretty old and you've probably already gotten the tattoo, but just in case you haven't, I'm also an artist, I draw shelter dogs so here's just a couple examples from when I was bored in school

IMG_8747.jpg
this was after i touched it up digitally
IMG_8061.jpg

IMG_8232.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts