Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,195 Posts
'Red Nose' is just a coloring, it's not an actual type or category like say, long vs smooth haired Dachshunds. Pit mixes are really just bully breed mixes that could have anything in them. Some people specifically breed for certain colors or sizes, but there's no true 'type' in a bred standard sort of way. So its safe to say your dog is just an All American Pit Mix!

· Registered
2,195 Posts
Also, I just looked at this again, and...are you sure this puppy is 9 weeks old? She looks extremely young. Sometimes when people's dogs have puppies they give them away early to get them out of the house. This dog looks more like she's around 6 weeks old, maybe even 5.

· Registered
2,195 Posts
@SpicyBulldog I know the OP hasn't come back and probably won't, but despite the fact they said the dog came from a breeder...I don't think they got the dog from a true breeder in the sense of the purebred dog. The VAST majority of Pit Bulls (around me at least) just come from people, typically in urban areas who just breed their Pits for money either for fighting or just for money. I'm going to bet that's where this person got their puppy, especially since she looks barely old enough to be weaned. And of course it could be someone who did have an oops litter from an unspayed Pit bitch and well...anything. I generally assume people who get Pits from "breeders" do that unless they specify they went far out of the area or mention some sort of showing or sport the breeder does. I work with Pits/Pit mixes every day so some go one way or the other in terms of American Bulldog, molosser, Staffie, Am Staff or those ridiculously bulky "American Bullies", and some other stuff like Labs or Rotties thrown in, but there's SO much in everything people call Pit Bulls, so I generally assume most are bully breed mixes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.