Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally starting my search for a new puppy! I debated a lot on what breed of pup I wanted to get, have looked into adopting one, etc. But I have decided that I am going to start looking for a dog I always loved... a Siberian Husky!

Not just any husky though. I am being very specific on what I am looking for. I want a pure white female husky with 2 blue eyes. Registered or not, that part doesn't matter to me. I am looking for a pet, not a show dog. Parents must be health tested though, and puppy needs to have first shots.

I love the siberian husky breed, and have always wanted a purebred, pure white one, their beauty and presence to me are breath taking. I am only looking for a female, as I already have a male husky x (neutered), and he gets along better with female dogs.

I am well aware of the exercise needs, training needs, and grooming needs of this breed, and I am prepared to deal with it. Currently we live in a small town and we have a HUGE fenced yard that it will be able to run and play in, and a smaller dog run for when it wants to be outside unsupervised. It will be an indoor dog, sleeping, eating and spending time with us indoors, multiple walks a day. I work from home so I will have all day, everyday to spend with her. My family and I are planning on moving to an acreage within the next year too, where I will be building a fully fenced large yard area for the dogs to run around. On leash when out of the fence. Grooming won't be an issue either, and since I already have a husky x, I am well aware of the shedding. I am in Canada too, so cooler temperatures in Winter, Spring and Fall. Summer can get hot, but thats what a kitty pool and lake trips are for! I will also want to teach her to pull a cart or sled around with my other dog for fun, bike with her and many other fun adventures that she will join with me and my other dog!

So what I am here for is to see everyone who has a white husky, or any husky really, and tell me what your experience is with living with yours! What do you do for fun? Challenges you have?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I don't have a Husky nor am I a big fan of the breed but have you ever considered adopting? Seriously, there are SO many Siberian Huskies in shelters and rescues because most people can't handle them. And yes, I have seen all white females with blue eyes for adoption in rescues and shelters. In fact in the inner city shelter I worked in last year we got in a 9 month old white, blue eyed female. So trust me...you can find them. And considering the fact you've got Husky experience and a lot of land, I'm sure plenty of rescues would be really happy to hear from you.

Reactions: Artdog

·
Registered
884 Posts
When I was checking out dogs to adopt on kajiji there was no end of gorgeous husky's looking for a new home because folks keep trying to raise these beauties in downtown city apartments.
Just a thought.
Nothing against finding a good breeder and getting a purebred, but those apartment raised dogs are just begging for a home like yours, and I'm guessing some of them were raised by nice folks with the best of intentions, so they may even have some training and socialization on them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have considered adopting and have been keeping an eye out in shelters and rescues across my province, but nothing has caught my eye yet, and I am wanting an 8-10 week old puppy. I am actually talking to someone about one that fits exactly what I am looking for, but have just been getting more information about her and his breeding program before putting a deposit down.

·
Registered
884 Posts
for a puppy, yes, you'll likely want a breeder. People give up their husky's at about 6 months to 1 year old.
Show off some pics when you get one--they sure are beautiful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts