Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do dogs favor stuffed animals that have similar features to them? I've heard that if you get a dog a look-alike stuffed animal, they treat it like their child and favor it. Can anyone confirm this? My dog currently has a light brown bear that she carries around from time to time and I'm wondering if she'd like that better. Thank you and stay safe!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I think it's probably a coincidence. My dog doesn't recognise his own image in a mirror so it seems unlikely that he would "see himself" in a stuffed animal. My dog's favorite toys, aside from balls, are ones that squeak when he bites them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beardogjesse- Thank you! I wasn't sure how that would work because my dogs don't recognize themselves in the mirror either.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dogslife- Thank you! I think it is a coincidence as well because even her favorite toy doesn't resemble her in any way.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
We have a small toy stuffed dog that is almost identical to our girl. She could care less about it, or really any of the other hundreds of toys she has. Interestingly even though she doesn't play with them, she does not want anyone touching them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts