Dog Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,321 Posts
Looks like fun to me!
London is clearly loving it.
A question, if I may.....it looked to me as if London missed the yellow contact area at the bottom of the
A-Frame, but it's hard to tell from a video and I also don't know what the standards are for that and freely admit I am no agility expert. I am just curious, and hope you don't mind my asking. I don't know if all four need to contact that area or just one foot, and I couldn't tell if she'd hit it with a foot or not.
Good time for a very first run, and no obstacles missed!

· Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like fun to me!
London is clearly loving it.
A question, if I may.....it looked to me as if London missed the yellow contact area at the bottom of the
A-Frame, but it's hard to tell from a video and I also don't know what the standards are for that and freely admit I am no agility expert. I am just curious, and hope you don't mind my asking. I don't know if all four need to contact that area or just one foot, and I couldn't tell if she'd hit it with a foot or not.
Good time for a very first run, and no obstacles missed!
If you look closely she did hit the contact with both hind feet as well as her front. I do not do 2on 2 off on the a frame. She can do it but the impact on her shoulders and neck is too great of a risk for injury. If she would have missed the contacts on the dog walk or the a frame she would have not Q'd. And no I don't mind your question at all.

· Registered
2,321 Posts
If you look closely she did hit the contact with both hind feet as well as her front. I do not do 2on 2 off on the a frame. She can do it but the impact on her shoulders and neck is too great of a risk for injury. If she would have missed the contacts on the dog walk or the a frame she would have not Q'd. And no I don't mind your question at all.
Ah, thanks. I thought she must have hit them or she couldn't have taken first place, but I looked and looked and couldn't tell, so thanks for replying. glad you didn't mind my asking. :) Sure was a nice run.

I agree that the two on and two off is hard on the dogs. Emily Larlham of Kikopup teaches a running contact that seems to work very well...is that what London did? I am in awe of what Emily has done...she and her dog were world champion twice! I think that was with her Pyrenean shepherd.

· Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She does a running contact on the a frame which is difficult for a long backed dog to perform successfully. She does a 2on 2 off on the dog walk and teeter. She is the first dog that I taught the 2on 2 off to. My other agility partners also had running but Savannah would launch and miss the contact zone so I changed how I trained.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.