Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 8 year old EM Orco has gone downhill fast in the past 4 days. It started with him just being slower than usual when we walked and by Sunday night he didn't even want to go outside anymore.
Took him to the vet first thing in the morning, blood test was done and his Liver ATL levels are so hight my vet said he's never seen anything like it.
He is on Clavamox & Metronidazole & fluids right now. His fever is reading anywhere between 101.8 - 103.3 so very inconsistent. I don't know if thats actually his temperature or my thermometer is not giving me good readings.
The vet wants me to hospitalize him, however I spent most of my day at home and check his temp, heart rate & respiratory rate almost hourly myself so apart from the fact that I simply can not afford to have him hospitalized I feel that it would be better for him to be in his normal environment without any added stress.
As for what could have caused his liver values to be this high, my vet is not sure. He mentioned a systemic infection or cancer.

Has anyone every dealt with anything like this before? My baby is very very sick and I simply can not pay for his hospital stay and I'm not sure if it would be in his best interest anyway.

Any advice/ kind words is greatly appreciated!

Carolin & Orco

1 - 2 of 2 Posts