Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, folks!

My local canine sporting place (Canine Sports Zone) is hosting the EO (AKC/USA team) agility tryouts this year, and it's going on right now! I went to the venue, but it was a bit too crowded to enjoy in person. However, they're streaming (and have the videos from earlier this morning), if you'd like to watch!

Live Stream | 4 Legged Flix

There's the link. It's a lot of fun to watch, and there are some great dogs. Also, you can see the local venue where hopefully someday I'll get to practice with future dog!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And there are two more rounds today! Not sure if they'll be as long as the rounds yesterday, but there should be plenty to see today, regardless.

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Wow, those are some pretty intense courses!

Reactions: Rileysaur

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. Anyone who got a clean run was absolutely amazing in my mind. So many things set up to be very tricky for both dog and handler!

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
It seems like it's in a pretty small ring (Or maybe just a lot of obstacles) and SO many backsides and REALLY hard weave entries. I am VERY impressed!

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
@jclark343 -The weave entries were insane! I was stunned. I would definitely not make the team. :p

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
@Shandula, I awkwardly laughed when I watch one. There is not a chance in h*ll she would get those. Then again all those backsides, I would be on the ground! Lol. Although I do have a trainer that is really teaching us backsides, even though we don't see it much in USA AKC. Especially not on MY level.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh my gosh. I hadn't really considered the weaves, and that's silly, I should have thought of it. That explains why there were so many folks having to restart the weaves (some multiple times) that I had seen do perfect weaves at the USDAA trial.

I think it is due to the amount of equipment rather than size of the arena, but I'm also totally not sure at all, because I totally lack experience! :D But it looks like by the end rounds there were about 19 different pieces of equipment, with the course having a couple done twice, so with like 22 obstacles usually?

Here's the round 5 large dog agility course (hopefully this isn't ginormous; I tried to make it smaller):

And here's a video from the USDAA trial done there recently, which IMO seems to have a lot more space for maneuvering:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN6cR9blgzU

And this all was probably pointless to post, but it's really cool to talk about agility with folks who are doing it. There's going to be so much to learn, and I'm really excited about it, so talking and watching helps both feed and calm the excitement. :D

But yeah, I think they made things very packed on purpose for the tryouts just for how much that ups the difficulty.

Thanks, guys, for chiming in. It's really helpful to hear from you.

Reactions: Rileysaur

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts

For shiggles I drew in the course map.

Thank you for posting that. It looks CRAZY when they are running it, but it's even crazier to see the map. They made the courses tight with a lot of off course opportunities, which is pretty standard of master classes. Of course this is even more extreme then that though.

Honestly, I would have no idea how to run this course. These people who are running these are absolutely amazing. I am stunned. Honestly. There are so many crosses, so many places to screw up. I am amazed.

And I would have gotten DQ'ed for that run. I just noticed that 21 is a backside not a straight line. Man this course is INTENSE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts