Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He is a thief, a shameless one at that:eek: His latest thefts involve ponytail holders and Scrunchi's, and I've got photo graphic evidence.

The first two pictures are from a few days ago, I had taken the Srunchi out of my hair and left it beside the bag I had brought in and left on the couch, I looked up and saw innocent little Zody running around with his loot. In the last two pictures I had been wearing the ponytail holder around my hand (I was going to put it up) when he came up and proceeded to pull it off of me. He's stolen ponytail holders before and from experience I know that this one will not be long for this world. He'll chew at it till he chews it apart at which point I take it away from him.

Anyone else let their dog keep his/her ill gotten loot so long as it won't hurt him/her and doesn't cost much to replace? He has so much fun with what he stole, and I get so many laughs out of his antics, that I just can't make myself stop him.

Here's the photographic evidence:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, he's shameless! He'll go hide it in his crate for a few minutes then he comes running out with it and starts tossing it around and pouncing on it before settling down to try and destroy it. The Scrunchi is holding up, but the ponytail holder is a goner.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Ok, I got this one beat:

A few months ago "someone" had stolen the little white pompom off my new wool slippers. I looked everywhere for the secret location of this pompom, so I could sew it back on (having two on one slipper and just one on the other was really starting to make me feel unsymmetrical and weird) but I never found it. Figured Chewy must've gotten it pushed under the far end of the couch - A dust bunny graveyard that I don't dare venture into.
About 2 months pass and I'm out back shoveling the poop of my beloved friend. and notice that one poop in particular has a distinct fluff to it. Hmm. It rained that night and in the morning, the brown sludge puddle revealed my white pompom.
Apparently he's good at stealing AND hiding :mad:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ok, I got this one beat:

I looked everywhere for the secret location of this pompom, so I could sew it back on (having two on one slipper and just one on the other was really starting to make me feel unsymmetrical and weird) but I never found it. About 2 months pass and I'm out back shoveling the poop of my beloved friend. and notice that one poop in particular has a distinct fluff to it. Hmm. It rained that night and in the morning, the brown sludge puddle revealed my white pompom.
Question is did you still sew it back on :)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Bahah, Zody is so cute. I want him and Gracie to have a playdate.

The dogs have been pretty good at leaving stuff alone, but Korra has this thing for hairbrushes. She gets into the dog supplies box and pulls out all of the brushes to run her face over the bristles. Then she scoots them across the room to make a pile of them. Pretty sure she's half ferret.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Ace steals everything too. Leave it to him to take your ponytail holders and paper. My dog literally ate my homework. My teacher didn't believe me and I got into quite a bit of trouble.

Just make sure to keep your smaller items towards the top of your house so that you don't have to worry

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ace steals everything too. Leave it to him to take your ponytail holders and paper. My dog literally ate my homework. My teacher didn't believe me and I got into quite a bit of trouble.

Just make sure to keep your smaller items towards the top of your house so that you don't have to worry

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Ohh bad Ace LOL. So far Zody hasn't had any interest in my papers, which I'm very glad about.

Yep I know to keep anything that he can chew up and swallow or swallow whole up out of his reach. Given half a chance he'll steal and chew emery boards and bottle caps so I make sure to keep them picked up. The Scrunchi's I don't worry about he's to little to destroy them unless he decides to really gnaw on them. I only let him "steal" regular ponytail holders if I'm keeping a good eye on him since he likes go lay down and chew them till he manages to chew them apart.:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts