Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

So I've had this little brown and white dog for a couple weeks, I adopted him from a local animal rescue. They simply said he is some kind of collie mix, and he's clearly a mutt, but I was wondering if any of you with a good eye might spot something different. Everyone asks what he is and I don't really know!

He is two years old, weighs about 40 pounds, and is originally from New Mexico. His coat is medium thickness with a bushy tale, and pretty soft. As you can see, he looks a bit like a coyote, and likes to hop/bound when he runs, and is also very fast and can jump very high. He's a total love bug, and only barks when he's startled or very excited.

I think there might be some lab, possible red coat Border Collie, Basenji??

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
Don't think basenji just because he doesn't bark. Basenjis are not silent dogs, they just make a lot of other noises BESIDES barking.

Personally I see some lab in here. Possibly a lab/rough collie or miniature collie? I think pale-coated borders are pretty uncommon, so it's more likely something else in there.. and black I BELIEVE is a dominant color vs. yellow..

Don't worry, he looks nothing like a coyote! No wild animals here!~

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
looks like a collie-retrievermix to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts