Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6 month old mini golden doodle and about 2 dys ago she would not walk on her right hind leg after getting up from laying.

Once she walks for a few minutes, she then starts to walk, run, jump with a subtle favoring of the leg to the point where I would not notice if she did not favor it to begin with.

I can not find anything on her paw, palpating her leg does not cause any pain, and physically looks/acts fine.

I did a google search and could not find a reason for favoring her hind leg that appears to get better as she walks.

Any idea about this?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Our Bernese Mtn. dog started limping also. He wasn't in obvious pain (no whining or yelping), we couldn't see any cuts and his paw was clear. We didn't notice any swelling either. After a few days of it not improving we took him to the vet. She did some physical checks and thought it might be an ACL issue. After some x-rays and confirmed it was a strained ACL.

He's on anti inflammatory / pain meds for a couple weeks. The vet thinks if he can stay away from heavy exertion (good luck!) it might heal, but will probably always be an issue. The other option is surgery.

The moral of the story is get a professional opinion at a vet. The sooner the better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 6 month old mini golden doodle and about 2 dys ago she would not walk on her right hind leg after getting up from laying.

Once she walks for a few minutes, she then starts to walk, run, jump with a subtle favoring of the leg to the point where I would not notice if she did not favor it to begin with.

I can not find anything on her paw, palpating her leg does not cause any pain, and physically looks/acts fine.

I did a google search and could not find a reason for favoring her hind leg that appears to get better as she walks.

Any idea about this?
Hi - I'm new here but my border collie has been doing the same type of thing. Did you take your fur baby in to the vet? I'm worried my girl has arthritis. She's only 5 but arthritis has become such a chronic issue for dogs and it seems to be the simplest explanation for what's going on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts