Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so I noticed this morning that my dog was limping. He's 10 months old. Sometimes, I jog a littel with him and he runs alot with other dogs. I think he was limpign yesterday when he was playing with other dogs but I didn't notice at all. I took him to the vet, and they gave me this asprin type pill to help with swelling, and say to come back in a week if limping doesn't stop for x rays. They said his hips are fine, and there isn't anything in his paws. The vet says he might've just tweaked his leg while playing.

I just wanted to know, do you have any tips to help it heal fast, or has something like this ever happened to your dog? It's a really small limp on his back right leg.

Sorry for the long post!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Limping from a soft tissue injury is pretty common. I generally rest the dog for one full week. No running, playing, jumping, etc., along with any meds the vet provides.

·
Registered
368 Posts
what breed of dog... 10 months may be a bit premature to take a dog jogging if a larger breed (joint damage possible... want a MATURE dog to jog with... NOT a puppy). Long walks are OK at that age, but jogging may be harmful.

Most lameness in dogs that age will work themselves out if not in a lot of pain and not severe lameness... but rest is very important... particularly at that age.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts