Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm new here so please forgive me if this has been asked/discussed before. I have a 10 week old Siberian Husky/Alaskan Malamute mix, female. She is doing great with her potty training during the day, but tends to be more active/drink more in the evening and night. Therefore is having frequent accidents in the evening. Is it recommended to limit their water intake? Her bedtime is around 11:30pm. She sleeps through the night with no accidents. Her accident prone time is between 6-10pm. Thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I heard that it is better if the dog that is still learning potty training at the seventh hour of the evening should not be given more water

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
You can also take her out several times during that 6-10pm time frame. I am in general, not in favor of limiting water, dehydration can reek havoc with their organs. The good part of your problem, is she is only 10 weeks old, so her bladder control will continue to improve as she gets older.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Hello all. I'm new here so please forgive me if this has been asked/discussed before. I have a 10 week old Siberian Husky/Alaskan Malamute mix, female. She is doing great with her potty training during the day, but tends to be more active/drink more in the evening and night. Therefore is having frequent accidents in the evening. Is it recommended to limit their water intake? Her bedtime is around 11:30pm. She sleeps through the night with no accidents. Her accident prone time is between 6-10pm. Thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Does she have access to a garden/outdoors during that period?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts