Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just started running outside in a field with my dogs to wear them out. 6pm and it is pitch dark out almost!

My dog Trixie is offleash but a black dog. I put a bright neon pink harness on her and still couldn't see her. I would call her to find that she had been standing near me the whole time, looking at me like I am an idiot lol

I was thinking maybe some light up something?

She is very small (10lbs) so close to the ground. IDK how well a collar would stand out?

I kindof like these pendants. I could hook it to the back of her harness. But I wonder how well it really works and if it really easily stands out. Also if some colors would be better then others?

Has anyone used one before?

I wonder if there is a cheaper alternative that isn't actually used for pets but would work the same hmm lol

Does anyone use any light up gear? Have any suggestions or something to stay away from?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I use this Robot Check attached to my dog's collar. it's a light up arm band. If my dog was smaller I could simply attach it to her harness. the cool thing is that it has two loops, one at each end, so it's really easy to take off the "arm band" part and attach it to virtually anything with a bit of sewing....it would be really easy to attach it to a harness.

·
Banned
6,281 Posts
I use crazy reflective gear but nothing that lights up itself-she won't be a target for animals at night unless there is light reflecting off her (like headlights....). I have the hurtta vest and its amazzzzzzzzzing. They have bandana's, too, which work well when i'm using a different harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.