Dog Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aspen has eaten Wellness (Puppy and now CORE) as long as I've had her- a year and a half. Lately, I noticed she is having a little bit of trouble pooping. She just seems to be hovering a bit before anything comes out and her poops are not always big piles of poop that I look at and say, 'wow, that's a good poop!"

I only feed her grain free because I thought 'the less, the better' when it came to ingredients. Maybe I should switch her to grain inclusive to see if it helps? Maybe I should change brands?

She is UTD on all vaccines and has clear fecals.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
You really don't want a big huge pile. That smaller the better. That means she is digesting the food instead of leaving on the lawn. That is a good thing. If you feed a food with grains it will just end up on you lawn because dogs don't digest them well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
@Dawnben

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense!
Dawnben makes a very good point! Also, how has she been drinking? If you find she is taking a little longer than usual and is hovering more, it could be that she is slightly constipated. Just a thought!

Kerri

·
Premium Member
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dawnben makes a very good point! Also, how has she been drinking? If you find she is taking a little longer than usual and is hovering more, it could be that she is slightly constipated. Just a thought!

Kerri
I thought that too but her water consumption hasn't changed.

·
Premium Member
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Poop aside, I'm thinking of changing her food anyway because she's never super excited about eating. Maybe she's bored with it.

I'm looking into pawTree and THK right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts