Dog Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well, its like asking what came first the chicken or the egg? Some people believe poachers in Britain used them first, others believe it was the travellers in Ireland. Personally I believe the second one ;)

800?! That's ridiculous, not even a pup out of the two best working dogs in Ireland wouldn't make that I wouldn't think! Take off a 0 and divide by two and that will give you roughly what I'm paying! I must admit what I'm paying is probably about as high as I would pay for a Lurcher. They never make over £100, not in my area anyway.

I'm not sure if I will work it or not, there's quite a lot of work that goes into training them and if you do work them you have to take them out atleast every weekend to keep them 'in the game'. Some people don't agree with the whole killing rabbits thing but personally it doesn't bother me, there's plenty of them out there and its over quickly so the rabbit/hare doesn't suffer. Plus rabbit is very nice. Coursing as a sport in my opinion is evil.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That's pretty up there for a lurcher pup I mean I could probably get one for £10, or free. I am more than happy to pay 80 for these pups, they are raised well and the parents are both great workers(I've seen them work).
No matter what breed your raising or how much the pup is worth in the end it still costs the same no matter what breed if your raising them right! And at this price I'd say that's just him getting back what it has cost to raise them.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
IBM is this any different from other BYBs breeding designer dogs? It doesn't sound so to me... Please inform me if I am misinformed because this isn't any better than people supporting their BYB for a schnoodle....
Posted via Mobile Device
It sounds like a working dog bred for a purpose. Just like conformation people breed the best dogs to get the best possible conformation dog, working-dog people breed the dogs who are best for the worker even if it crosses breed lines.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It sounds like a working dog bred for a purpose. Just like conformation people breed the best dogs to get the best possible conformation dog, working-dog people breed the dogs who are best for the worker even if it crosses breed lines.
Thank you for that, a lot simpler than my reply lol :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Oh people seem to like Flint, I'm not the only one then :p

Any other suggestions? Even away from my origonal thoughts :D
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Flint is way cute, you can always call him Flinny. Finnegan is a good one too, and you could call him Finny. My best friend's little brother's name is Flynn and we call him Flynnard Skynnard lol. I once had 2 male rats named Finnegan and Fitzpatrick. Finn and Fitz :)

I can't wait to see pics of this pup, I think that is such an awesome mix of dogs. He's gonna be a cutie!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I suppose I don't really know until I get him home! We will have LOTS of time to get to know eachother and bond as the week he 'should' be coming home if all goes well is the beginning of my 3 week easter holiday!

What better way to spend your holidays?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
When does your Easter break start? I know Easter is on March 31st this year. That would be awesome! I would have loved that
Posted via Mobile Device
I think it starts on the 20/22 of March, I'm not too sure! But we get off longer for easter than christmas for some reason..
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
UPDATE!

We have had a change of plan guys, we are going to see a different litter of lurcher pups closer to us that are ready now. They are in my opinion the perfect mix for me, 3 males and 6 females so I may end up with a female(first I will ever have owned)

I don't want to put the ad photo on here but if anyone wants to see it I will message you the link :)

21 - 40 of 45 Posts