Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a stray dog in a war zone that was limping severely. When he walks slowly he seldom put down this left back paw. When he is playing he sometimes use it. When he runs fast he use it together with his right back leg.

He was in a miserable mode when I took him but now he looks much better.

My theory is that he broke his leg and it healed wrong. He is found of chasing cars so that might be a cause. Any other ideas?

IF he has broken his leg and it healed wrong, what should I do? Let him go through surgery or just let him live with it?

What would you think a surgery would cost?

I was at a vet but he didn't speak any English and I had a hard time getting the rabies and micro ID shot and couldn't ask about this as well.

I'm still in the base so I have to wait a week or so until I can take him to a English speaking vet.

·
Super Moderator
8,034 Posts
There are so many factors that could influence whether surgery is the best option or not so it's hard for those on the internet to say. We are not qualified (or allowed per the rules) to offer medical advice.

I would keep him as comfortable as possible, try to prevent him from chasing cars and get him to a vet when you can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are so many factors that could influence whether surgery is the best option or not so it's hard for those on the internet to say. We are not qualified (or allowed per the rules) to offer medical advice.
Think this is a special case as I can't take him to the vet in a while. So any speculations are welcome. I have had him for around 2 weeks already.

·
Super Moderator
8,034 Posts
I understand.

The thing is the cost of surgery is dependent upon where you have it done (country, state, etc)... and whether or not to have it done should be a discussion between you and a veterinarian. Again, per the rules... medical advice is not allowed to be handed out on this forum.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
As long as he is eating, drinking and eliminating normally, he is probably not in danger, but until you can get him to a Vet, hope sooner rather than later, I would keep as calm and quiet as possible. Let us know what the Vet says, when you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts